CORONAVIRUS AND OUR COMMUNITIES
The safety and well-being of our patients and staff will always be our first priority at Atlanta Sport & Spine.
Atlanta Sport & Spine Physical Therapy IS OPEN.
KEEPING UP TO DATE
The best way to stay informed with the latest info is to gather the CDC guidelines from our state website. Please refer to this as the most current info on public health:
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 INFORMATION & RESOURCE LINKS:
CDC Information on COVID-19
Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
WE ARE OPEN to serve our patients and our community while strictly following all CDC and social distancing guidelines. We are listed as an Essential Healthcare facility and will continue to serve our patients during this time.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- Successful completion of your plan of care is important to becoming a healthier, stronger you. Atlanta Sport & Spine Physical Therapy is open to be here for you.
- Healthcare, specifically Physical Therapy, is an ESSENTIAL SERVICE.
- Our staff has self quarantined and we have NOT had any employees test positive for COVID-19.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
We are screening each patient at check-in to ensure they have not had a fever or respiratory symptoms
For the safety of other patients and our team members, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have visited, or been in close contact with anyone who has visited the following countries/regions in the last 14 days: China, Iran, Italy, Japan, South Korea
- Have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- Have been in contact with someone with known or suspected Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Our routine cleaning standards in the clinic already meet CDC guidelines but we are taking extra precautions to maintain a safe and healthy treatment environment. All treatment surfaces are disinfected after each patient and throughout the day regularly. All employees have been educated on appropriate sanitization methods, proper hand hygiene, and encouragement to stay home when showing symptoms of illness.
We are taking precautions by following distancing guidelines, separating our staff into two separate shifts, utilizing our 6 private treatment rooms and our Pilates studio space to minimize exposure while maximizing therapeutic benefits.
We are NOT allowing non-patient visitors into the office, unless a patient is required to have a caregiver present.
The most effective way to stay healthy and minimize spread of infection is to follow best health practices as recommended by the CDC:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home if you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask (below):
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
We are sending well wishes for good health and safety and we look forward to getting our patients back to doing what they love at Atlanta Sport & Spine!