Daniel Smith, PT, DPT
- Bachelor of Science in Education (Exercise and Sport Science), University of Georgia (2019)
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Mercer University (2022)
Clinical Areas of Interest
- Analysis and Assessment of CrossFit and Weightlifting Athletes
- Conservative Treatment of Lower Extremity Injuries
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
- Sports Specific Rehabilitation of Endurance Athletes (running and swimming
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Physical Therapy Association of Georgia
Born and raised in Georgia, Daniel graduated from the University of Georgia in 2019 with a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sport Science. In 2022, he earned his Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Mercer University. Throughout his educational career, Daniel gained experience working in a variety of physical therapy settings, including inpatient rehab, outpatient orthopedics, sports-centered rehab, and many more.
During his clinical rotations, Daniel spent time at a general outpatient orthopedic clinic treating a myriad of orthopedic injuries, an assisted living facility helping older adults improve their strength and function, and another outpatient clinic that primarily treated Crossfit/weightlifters and patients with temporomandibular dysfunction. These rotations all prepared Daniel to provide excellent clinical care based on their individual needs.
Daniel’s passion is working with CrossFit athletes and weightlifters, which has driven him to pursue several certifications that will help him better treat those athletes. He also has developed a passion for treating those with temporomandibular dysfunction. Daniel has completed his certification in dry needling and is also well-versed in several other manual therapy techniques.
In his personal time, Daniel enjoys going to the local parks for runs, going to the gym, playing golf, and spending time with his family and friends. Despite the fact he went to UGA, Daniel remains a lifelong Florida fan and roots his Gators on every Saturday when they play.