Lindsey S. Knowles, DPT, STC
- Bachelor of Physical Therapy, University of Florida (2000) (Magna Cum Laude)
- Master of Physical Therapy, University of Florida (2001) (Magna Cum Laude)
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, University of St. Augustine (2007)
- Sports Therapy Certification (STC), University of St. Augustine & North American Sports Medicine Institute
- Advanced Dry Needling for Sports Med
- Level 1 & Level 2 Certified Running Analyst
- ACL Injury Prevention and Rehab
- Sports-Specific Rehabilitation (triathletes, runners, soccer, and lacrosse)
- Custom Orthotic Fabrication
- Slow-Motion Video Running Analysis
- Complicated Hip Pathologies
- Shoulder Rehabilitation and Rehab of Overhead Throwing Athletes
- Total Hip and Knee Replacements
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Physical Therapy Association of Georgia
- Sports Physical Therapists Section
- Private Practice Section of APTA
A native of Atlanta, Lindsey graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy and a Masters of Physical Therapy from the University of Florida, with distinction. Following 4 years of clinical practice in orthopedics, Lindsey began work on her Doctorate with a specialization in Sports Physical Therapy. She was awarded her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from University of St. Augustine in 2007, completing her Doctoral thesis on the topic of ACL Injury Prevention in Female Athletes and is passionate about helping her patients return to play.
Lindsey’s involvement in sports throughout her life led her to become very interested in sports and orthopedic injuries. She has completed thousands of hours of continuing education and was one of seven PT’s to complete her Sports Therapy Certification from University of St. Augustine and NASMI, which included rigorous oral, written, and practical examinations with focus on injured athletes, and manual techniques for the shoulder, elbow, spine, hip, knee, and ankle.
Lindsey’s current clinical focus is the rehabilitation of the injured athlete. She has been an integral part of the rehabilitation for players from the NBA, WNBA, NHL and PGA tour, as well as numerous collegiate athletes. Having completed many Sprint, Olympic and Half Ironman distance triathlons, as well as marathons and half marathons, Lindsey also has a passion for treating injured runners and triathletes. She loves analyzing running form and utilizes state of the art slow motion video running analysis to help runners maximize their efficiency, speed and injury free miles! She has casted hundreds of pairs of custom orthotics, and strives to maximize function in individuals of all skill levels.
Lindsey’s commitment to her profession and passion to help her patients achieve their goals has led her to become well known in the orthopedic community in Atlanta. She recently authored a chapter on Rehabilitation Principles in the 4th Edition of Essentials of Musculoskeletal Care. Her entrepreneurial spirit led her to realize her dream of opening her own PT clinic in the Spring of 2008 when Lindsey opened Atlanta Sport & Spine. .
In her personal time, Lindsey enjoys spending time with her husband Austin, daughters Ebba and Ansley, and their four rescue dogs, Dixie, Foxy, Maverick & Goose. She also enjoys attending Florida Football games, training for triathlons, traveling and hanging out with friends and family.