Lindsey S. Knowles, DPT, STC
- Bachelor of Physical Therapy, University of Florida (2000) (Magna Cum Laude)
- Master of Physical Therapy, University of Florida (2001) (Magna Cum Laude)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of St. Augustine (2007)
- Sports Therapy Certification (STC) (University of St. Augustine & North American Sports Medicine Institute)
- Advanced Dry Needling for Sports Medicine
- Level 1 & Level 2 Certified Running Analyst
- ACL Injury Prevention and Rehab
- Sports-Specific Rehabilitation (Triathletes, Runners, Soccer, and Lacrosse)
- Custom Orthotic Fabrication
- 3D Video Running Analysis
- Complicated Hip Pathologies
- Shoulder Rehabilitation and Rehab of Overhead-Throwing Athletes
- Total Hip and Knee Replacements
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Physical Therapy Association of Georgia
- Sports Physical Therapists Section
- Private Practice Section of APTA
A native of Atlanta, Lindsey graduated with a Bachelor's of Science in Physical Therapy Degree and a Master's of Physical Therapy Degree from the University of Florida, with distinction. Following 4 years of clinical practice in orthopaedics, Lindsey began work on her doctorate with a specialization in Sports Physical Therapy. She was awarded her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from University of St. Augustine in 2007, completing her doctoral thesis on the topic of ACL Injury Prevention in Female Athletes, and is passionate about helping her patients return to play.
Lindsey’s involvement in sports throughout her life led her to become very interested in sports and orthopaedic injuries. She has completed thousands of hours of continuing education and was one of seven PTs to complete her Sports Therapy Certification from University of St. Augustine and NASMI, which included rigorous oral, written, and practical examinations with focus on injured athletes, and manual techniques for the shoulder, elbow, spine, hip, knee, and ankle.
Lindsey’s current clinical focus is the rehabilitation of the injured athlete. She has been an integral part of the rehabilitation for players from the NBA, WNBA, NHL, and PGA tour as well as numerous collegiate athletes, triathletes, marathon, and ultramarathon runners. Having completed many Sprint, Olympic and Half Ironman distance triathlons, as well as marathons and half marathons, Lindsey also has a passion for treating injured runners and triathletes. She loves analyzing running form and utilizes state-of-the-art 3D video running analysis to help runners maximize their efficiency, speed, and injury-free miles! She has cast hundreds of pairs of custom orthotics and strives to maximize function in individuals of all skill levels.
Lindsey’s commitment to her profession and passion for helping her patients achieve their goals has led her to become well-known in the orthopaedic community in Atlanta. She has authored chapters on Rehabilitation Principles in multiple editions of Essentials of Musculoskeletal Care. Her entrepreneurial spirit led her to realize her dream of opening her own PT clinic in 2008 when she opened Atlanta Sport & Spine.
In her personal time, Lindsey enjoys spending time with her husband Austin, her daughters Ebba and Ansley, and their four rescue dogs, Dixie, Foxy, Maverick, and Goose. She also enjoys attending Florida football games, training for triathlons, traveling, being an active member of Northside Church, playing at the beach, and hanging out with family and friends.