Stephanie Applegate, DPT, MTC
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Sport Science, University of Georgia (2001) (Magna Cum Laude)
- Master of Physical Therapy, Medical College of Georgia (2003) (Summa Cum Laude)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of St. Augustine (2009)
- Manual Therapy Certification, University of St. Augustine / Stanley Paris, 2008
- Manual Treatment of the Cervical and Lumbar Spine and Extremities
- Manual Treatment of Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Treatment of Sports Related Injuries
- Pre-/Post-Op Knee Injuries, Rotator Cuff and Labral Lesions, Total Joint Replacements
- Dry Needling
- Graston Instrument Assisted Manual Therapy (2014)
Stephanie grew up in Lithia Springs, Georgia, and was involved in dance and cheerleading during her school years. She became interested in the field of physical therapy while she was volunteering as a candy striper at a local hospital.
Stephanie began her education at the University of Georgia, where she obtained her Bachelor of Science in Education degree in Exercise and Sport Science, graduating magna cum laude. She then received her Master's of Physical Therapy degree from Medical College of Georgia, where she graduated summa cum laude.
After working for several years, she decided to continue her education and entered into the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at University of St. Augustine. She has researched the benefits of adding manual therapy techniques to exercise therapy in improving overall treatment outcomes in patients with spine injuries. This is a passion of hers which led to her decision to obtain a Certification in Manual Therapy from University of St. Augustine.
She has been trained in Graston manual therapy methods and has continued to work in an outpatient therapy setting, where she has gained experience working with a wide variety of sport, spine, and other orthopedic injuries. She enjoys working with patients of all ages and helping them to achieve their individual therapy goals.
When Stephanie is not at work, she enjoys spending time with her husband, daughters, and their two dogs. She also likes to travel, exercise, and spend time with friends. She lives in a house divided between her alma mater, University of Georgia, and that of her husband, University of Kentucky.